Information we collect
- Personal identification information. We only collect personal identification information provided by you when you register on the site as a user or contact us through the site. The information collected may include your name and email address as applicable. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain site-related activities.
- Non-personal identification information. We may collect non-personal identification information about you when you visit and interact with our site. Non-personal identification information may include browser information, device information (such as hardware model and operating system), log information (such as details of how you used the site and IP address), cookies and anonymous identifiers.
Web browser cookies
Cookies are small files that are transferred to your computer through your web browser when you visit a site that enables the site to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can choose to set your browser to refuse all cookies or to alert you when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the site may not function properly without cookies.
How we use collected information
We may use personal information collected for the following purposes:
- To personalize your experience. We may use information collected to understand how you individually or collectively make use of our site.
- To improve our Site. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide when contacting us through our site will be used to respond to your inquiries. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list (if applicable), you may receive emails that include content updates, and related product or service information.
Opt-out and unsubscribe policy
You have the option not to register any personal information with us. You can also opt not to participate in certain interactive areas of the site, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from you.
As explained above, we may use personal information collected to send periodic emails. If at any time you with to discontinue from receiving future email communications from us, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions included at the bottom of each email or you may contact through our site or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information. While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-parties from illegally obtaining this information.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website or administrating activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys.
We may also release your personal identifiable information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided in aggregate to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party websites
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
The safety and privacy of children is important to us. We do not knowingly collect or maintain information from users who are under the age of 13. Our site is directed at a general audience and intended to be used by adults. No part of our website is structured to attract anyone under the age of 13.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Companies that collect personally identifiable information from California residents and disclose such information to third parties (including affiliated entities) for marketing purposes must, in response to a request by a consumer, either (1) provide a list detailing the categories of information shared and the entities to which such information was provided, or (2) provide a mechanism by which a consumer may opt-out of having their information shared with third parties. We have elected the second option and you may request that your personal information not be shared with third parties by contacting us as described in our opt-out and unsubscribe policy above.
Last modified: Nov 12, 2012