Carlos Condit Wants Woodley, Hendricks Upon His Return | Fighters.com

Carlos Condit Wants Woodley, Hendricks Upon His Return

tyron woodley
Recommend to your friends!
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Former interim UFC welterweight champion Carlos Condit wants to avenge his last two losses once he is fully healed and ready to return to the Octagon.

Condit, who suffered a torn ACL in a loss to Tyron Woodley earlier this year, updated his condition during Wednesday’s episode of “UFC Tonight.” The fighter had surgery in the days following the injury.

“Everything is going well so far,” he said. “It’s a long, slow process. It’s six months from surgery until I can start doing light stuff in the MMA gym.

“I’m making progress.”

The 30-year-old Condit (29-8) had the fight vs. Woodley stopped after his knee buckled. He tried to continue fighting, but the pain was too much. Prior to that, he snapped a two-fight losing skid by avenging a loss earlier in his career to Martin Kampmann.

In early 2013, “The Natural Born Killer” lost via decision to current UFC champion Johny Hendricks, and also dropped a decision to Georges St-Pierre in 2012 in a title-unification match.

“I want to get that rematch with Tyron Woodley and I want the rematch with Johny Hendricks,” Condit said. “I want to be in the title picture and get that belt around my waist.”

Woodley was defeated recently by Rory MacDonald, while Hendricks remains on the sidelines with Condit. He suffered a torn bicep in his title win over Robbie Lawler, and is expected to face the winner of Lawler-Matt Brown later this year.


Recommend to your friends!
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Fighters App

Fighters Mobile Apps

Stay on top of the hottest stories and exclusive interviews from the world of MMA with the Fighters.com mobile apps.

Get Apps Now!