Wrestlemania is once again around the corner with one of the biggest lineups to date set for this Sunday’s show in Miami, as not only will The Rock takes John Cena but HHH faces The Undertaker under Hell in a Cell conditions with the added intrigue of Shawn Michaels serving as special guest referee. In other action, CM Punk looks to settle a personal score with Chris Jericho while defending his WWE championship and feuding GMs battle for the right to control both RAW and Smackdown.
Before Wrestlemania 28 kicks off, many of the involved parties took to the stage today for a press conference promoting the annual extravaganza.
Check out a few highlights as well as video of the Wrestlemania 28 Press Conference below (things start at approximately the 20:00 mark):
- Before things start, David Otunga refers to himself as a “young Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime” and Santino Marella tells him to go chase an ambulance
- A WWE Executive recaps how pleased the company is to be in Miami and goes over the Hall of Fame class
- HHH accepts an award from the mayor and other city officials proclaiming March 28-April 1 2012 as as “Wrestlemania Week” in Miami as well as gives him the Key to Dade County
- HHH jokes he will be keeping the city open late tonight since he now has the key, calls Wrestlemania an “incredible rite of passage”
- HHH to WWE’s annual “Make-a-Wish” Pizza Party coming up and mentions Cena closing in on granting his 300th wish, the most ever for any celebrity or athlete
- HHH doesn’t mention the Undertaker other than at the end of his speech when he said, “I’ll see you this Sunday!”
- Michael Cole mentions Marella, Otunga, The Miz, and Kofi Kingston are live-Tweeting observations from the presser
- Eve Torres and Beth Phoenix take the stage looking as good as you’d expect
- Torres/Phoenix start off talking about fan and charity events rather than being in character
- Phoenix says opponent Maria Menounous supposedly broke a rib on Dancing with the Stars but will compete
- CM Punk comes on stage, introduced by Cole as a “fellow Walking Dead fan”, joking about deciding to take his suit off because of the heat and apologizes for Cole boring the crowd
- Punk talks about how big the event is and is excited about Rock/Cena, says they legitimately don’t like each other and he enjoys that dynamic
- Cena says that despite how big Wrestlemania is that it’s almost an intimate thing as far as the relationships of the wrestlers in the ring and fans, cites inspiration from a cancer survivor