UFC bantamweight Raphael Assunção has a new opponent for his appearance at UFC 170. The bantamweight fighter will face off with fast-rising prospect, and RFA bantamweight champion, Pedro Munhoz on the February 22 fight card. MMASun’s Jason Cole was first to report Munhoz’s involvement with UFC 170 and MMAFighting confirmed the RFA champ would face Assunção.
Munhoz is currently 10-0 in his MMA career with six of those victories, including three of his four RFA bouts, coming by way of submission. Munhoz was last in action just a few weeks ago, where he defeated Billy Daniels in only 41-seconds at RFA 12. The talented prospect will face a stern test in his UFC debut as Assunção currently sits on the cusp of title shot.
The two bantamweights are set to face off on the FOX Sports 1 portion of the UFC 170 fight card and should complete the February 22 lineup.
UFC 170 Lineup:
Main Card (PPV 10PM ET)
- UFC Women’s Bantamweight Title Fight: Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Sara McMann
- Daniel Cormier vs. Rashad Evans
- Rory MacDonald vs. Demian Maia
- Mike Pyle vs. T.J. Waldburger
- Stephen Thompson vs. Robert Whittaker
Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 1 8PM ET)
- Alexis Davis vs. Jessica Eye
- Raphael Assuncao vs. Pedro Munhoz
- Lucas Martins vs. Aljamain Sterling
- Zach Makovsky vs. Josh Sampo
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass 7PM ET)
- Erik Koch vs. Rafaello Oliveira
- Ernest Chavez vs. Yosdenis Cedeno
Front-Page Photo Credit: Jason Silva-USA TODAY Sports