As reported, Bellator welterweight Paul Daley took to Facebook to voice his frustrations with the promotion after a recent situation involving some legal problems. According to the post, he had been going back and forth with Bellator for weeks, and since he was unable to compete for the company because of a visa issue, he said the promotion was trying to prevent him from making a living.
In fact, he accused Bellator of getting in the way of a fight he was trying to schedule, and even called out CEO Bjorn Rebney and matchmaker Sam Caplan by name. Though it looked like a storm was brewing, in the end it appears that Daley has changed his tune after Bellator agreed to let him fight.
Paul Daley told MMAWeekly:
“I will be fighting in Ireland Feb. 23, I plan to fight every month up until my visa decision in late April…We’re going after various opponents right now, but as usual a lot of fighters are running scared. We have approval from Bellator, we just need an opponent to be “ok’d”.”